There are heaps of things to see and do downunder, and best of all you can sort it all online. Start with the central booking service at www.rainbowtourism.com and find somewhere you’ll love…in Sydney, Auckland, Melbourne, Queenstown, Cairns, Christchurch or way outback!
Here’s just a few things you can book online.
7 unforgettable things to see & do
– from outback to the beach
- Hit the Rainbow Road around Australia with a sporty convertible from Red Spot Car Rentals and check out the iconic Aussie beaches. Or camp across both islands of New Zealand with EZY Car and Caravan Rentals. That’s the kiwi way to holiday! From mountains to sea, the land downunder is full of dramatic scenery with awesome things to see and do, one magnificent mile after another.
- Sail around the magical Whitsunday Islands (near the Great Barrier Reef, one of the natural wonders of the world) in your bareboat yacht or catamaran. Or take a course to learn to sail or improve your skills with Charter Yachts Australia. The Whitsundays offer splendid cruising, fishing, oystering, crabbing, swimming, snorkeling and scuba diving the island coral reefs.
- Experience a top ecotourism attraction in the Northern Territory at Alice Springs Desert Park, where innovative interpretation will help you understand the unique habitats of Australia’s marsupial marvels and Aboriginal people.
- Spoil yourself in nature’s playground – Tasmania – on gorgeous wilderness walks with Bushwise Women, and leave your footprints on one of the world’s best beaches.Reward yourself at the end of the day with cool-climate wines, sensational seafood and getting in touch with your inner explorer.
- Start your outback odyssey by soaking up the charm and culture in Alice Springs, then grab your hiking boots and depart in our rugged 4X4s for world-famous Ayers Rock in the Red Centre. Tourists en masse go outback, only the enlightened few go way outback on a must-do 4WD excursion with Wayoutback Desert Safaris.
- Explore New Zealand’s rugged landscapes, gorgeous beaches, spectacular geo-thermal activity and fascinating Maori culture, all in the company of like-minded women, on an adventure tour. Driftwood Dreamers Adventure Tours combines true insight into the country with adventure activities in a supportive environment.
- Catch a few lazy days in Melbourne and take a food & wine tour of Victoria’s vineyards. Two Rainbow tour operators, Vino Ventures and Chill Out Travel Wine Tours, cover the famed Yarra Valley, Mornington Peninsula, Phillip Island, and the emerging wineries enroute to the Great Ocean Road.Overnight accommodation at gay owned and gay friendly places available in all these regions, too!