Kerikeri, the largest town in the Far North District of the North Island of New Zealand, is a popular tourist destination about three hours drive north of Auckland, and eighty km north of Whangarei. It is often described as the Cradle Of The Nation, being the site of the first permanent mission in the country, and it has some of the country's most historic buildings. A rapidly expanding centre of sub-tropical and allied horticulture, Kerikeri lies at the western extremity of the Kerikeri Inlet, a northwestern arm of the Bay of Islands, where fresh water of the Kerikeri River enters the salty Pacific Ocean. Kerikeri is widely known for its successful agriculture, niche food products, fabulous chocolates, boutique vineyards, art galleries, cafes, and crafts.
The spectacular 88 Lodge is a traditional Kiwi villa in 1.5 acres of beautiful sub-tropical gardens and park like lawns giving complete privacy to the swimming pool. The veranda faces north catching the all day sun where you can lounge here or under the magnificent New Zealand native Ferns, Nikau Palms, and Kauri Trees or by the pool. Hear the Kiwi’s calling and at night wonder at the stars not dimmed by light pollution.
Known as ‘The Winterless North’, here the summer daytime's are a warm and comfortable 23C - 30C and winter daytime's 12C to 20C. The 88 Lodge and The Bay of Islands are a great place to relax and year round. During the ‘winter’ you will glow by the roaring log fire in the guest lounge.
88 Lodge offers luxury accommodations including the following:
- Two suites with en-suite bathrooms (bath & separate shower.) Private spa pool with Queen Palm suite
- Two rooms with en-suite shower rooms
- Generous breakfasts made to your preference
- Solar Heated Swimming Pool & sun loungers
- Sub-tropical gardens with native Ferns, Nikau Palms, and Kauri Trees
- Privacy and comfort in a homely atmosphere
- Ample free parking
- Free Wifi Internet, local and some international telephone calls.
- Outdoor entertainment area & BBQ
- Adult environment. 16+ (Except Lodge Exclusive reservations when children 6+ are welcome.)
- All rooms non-smoking. Smoking allowed only in the gardens.
All of the suites and rooms come complete with the following to ensure you have the most comfortable and restful stay and feel you are at home from home:
- Breakfasts (English/Continental/Tailored) using the freshest local produce, including seasonal fruits and juices from the on-site orchards.
- King size beds with quality linen and anti-allergenic pillows, quilts and electric blankets.
- En-suites with soft towels, heated towel rail and toiletries. Large effective showers. Access to house, gardens and the ample free parking.
- Patio table and chairs
- TV & DVD/CD.
- Tea and coffee facilities.
- Hair dryer and fridge.
- Heating to compliment.
- Use of BBQ
- Use of Laundry ($10 per load)
- Free Wifi Internet, local phone calls and to some international call destinations
- Legendary ‘at home’ friendly helpful hosts.
- Away from the hubbub of town & traffic.
- Free individual tour planning and booking assistance.
- Wii, Playstation, DVD library.
- Responsible attitude to green issues.
- Organic garden produce.
- No town lights to pollute the night sky.
Hosts Geoff and Chris are always available to ensure your stay is memorable and to share their expert local knowledge. The 88 Lodge is environmentally friendly with solar heating and lighting, water management, cleaning materials, use of garden and local produce, recycling and waste management procedures to name a few.
Situated one KM from Village shops and pub on a quiet country lane the lodge is perfectly located to enjoy the local neighbourhood.
Surrounded by sheltering trees giving a warm wind free eco- climate.
Just 5 minutes away is bustling Kerikeri town centre with a wide and varied selection of excellent places to eat. The Stone Store, Kemp House, and Kororepo Pa historical sites are located in Kerikeri’s Heritage Basin. A beautiful place to soak up the historic, local atmosphere.
Explore the Vineyard Trail and taste some of our great wines. Kerikeri has a rich and colourful history. The Stone Store is New Zealand's oldest building. Rewa's Village will take you back to a time before European settlement. And a visit to the Kerikeri Mission Station and Pete's Pioneers Transport Museum is not to be missed. The Crafts Market, just across the road from the Farmer's Market, is a great place to find those unique gifts made here by a wide variety of artists and crafts persons. Kerikeri has two 'Gardens of National Significance': Palmco and Wharepuke Gardens - both places to enjoy a quiet walk and discover plants you may not have seen before.
- Website: Bookings and more information