The Bay Adventurer Apartments & Backpacker Resort is close to the beach, bars and cafes, and restaurants of Paiha, The Bay Of Islands, New Zealand. They are a five minute walk from the bus depot, post office, pharmacy, banks, shops, and main tourist departure points offering a comprehensive list of services and facilities available for guest use during a stay. The Bay Adventurer, is the newest quality backpackers hostel and lodge in the Bay of Islands. It is also Paihia's only backpackers resort, hostel, and apartments in one complex. It is more than just a hostel, offering an extensive range of facilities, it is a true Backpackers Resort.
They specialise in providing:
- Great value accommodation for backpackers, independent travellers, couples, families, small and large groups.
- A range of accommodation options: dorms, private rooms, fully self-contained studio rooms, and apartments.
- Excellent guest facilities which include a swimming pool, outdoor spa pool, internet/email room, large BBQ area, tennis, free bikes, free kayak, 42 inch flat screen TV in communal lounge, wireless internet, Skype internet calling and more.
- After experiencing the recreational activities, a days site seeing, or a night on the town, come home to the lodge and relax in the pool or outdoor spa or on the large deck and courtyard.
At the Bay Adventurer they aim to make the property as safe and secure as they can to ensure for a pleasurable stay for all guests. They have the following measures in place to provide for a safe and secure environment:
- 24 Hour Security Camera System
- Monitored Security Service
- Smoke Alarms
- Night Lighting
- Safe - store your valuables in the office safe
- Secure Baggage Storage
- 24 Hour Emergency Contact
The Resort Features:
- Swimming pool
- Spa pool
- Kayak FREE
- Bikes FREE
- Tennis at adjoining tennis club - FREE in Winter
- BBQ - FREE usage to cook your own
- Digital Photo Service - Burn your photos to CD
- Skype Internet Calling
- Wireless Internet Connection
- Videos & Board Games FREE
- Video hire available for private rooms, studios and apartments
- Large terrace and Courtyard area
- Full booking service at no extra cost to you - activities, sightseeing, tours etc.
- Internet/Email Room from 6.00am - 11.00pm
- Cold Drinks available 24 Hours
- Snacks Vending Machine
- Laundry facilities
- Female Only Dorm Rooms - no extra charges!
- Hair straighteners & Hair dryers available for FREE guest use
- Gas fire
- Off Street Parking
- Disabled Room available
- Cooked and Continental Breakfast options available - delivered to your door
- Short & Long Term Storage Available - FREE
- Bulk Items Storage Available - FREE
- Guest Fax & Copy Services Available
- On-site Babysitter (by request)
- Portable Cot - FREE
- FREE Sunbed - for the chilly NZ winter months only (May to September)
The Bay Adventurer is also committed to positively contributing to the physical environment. They are continually looking for ways to improve their business's relationship with the environment. They have implemented their commitment to the environment in the following ways:
- Recycling - they recycle all of the waste at the Bay Adventurer : glass, paper, plastic, aluminium, and food waste
- Energy Efficient Lighting – they utilise long-life energy efficient light bulbs for the same output which save up to 80% of a standard light bulb
- Water - natural gas water heating systems
- Showers - they ask all guests to be mindful of their shower times to minimise unnecessary use of the water resources
- Heating - provided by a natural gas fire in the communal area and energy efficient fan heaters
- Office systems - recycle and refill print cartridges and paper
- Laundry - upgraded washing machines to more energy and water efficient models
- Drying – they solar dry the house laundry whenever possible
The 144 islands in the Bay are absolutely magical and you cannot experience the Bay of Islands without seeing them. Talk to one of the resort team members to choose a cruise that will best suit your needs and interests. Some highlights and options available include:
- Large, modern Catamarans & Boats
- Hole in the Rock
- Island Stopovers - enjoy the scenic walks, swim, relax in the café
- Cape Brett Lighthouse
- Grand Cathedral Cave
- Visit picturesque Bays
- You may see seals, dolphins or even whales and endless bird and fish life
- Full Day & Half Day Options
Make the most of your visit to the Bay Islands and stay at the Bay Adventurer Apartments and Backpackers Resort for a great home away from home.