Gaycation Magazine places community events on our calendar as a service to our readers/users. Event inclusion in our Community Calendar does not constitute our endorsement or support of that event.
Brilliant Bordeaux! aboard Uniworld's S.S. Bon Voyage
May 14, 2023 - May 21, 2023
Brilliant Bordeaux! aboard Uniworld's S.S. Bon Voyage.The ENTIRE ship...Just For US!
Get ready to uncover the proud legacy and heritage of Southwest France! Hosted by LGBT travel veterans Gregg Kaminsky and Kelli Carpenter, this fully chartered LGBT cruise will offer fun, friendship and fantastic food! Stay tuned for details on an exciting pre-cruise weekend in Paris.
A cruise with Uniworld...
Boutique hotels are known for their destination-specific interior décor, gracious service, and carefully selected amenities, all of which provide an intimate, elegant, and relaxed experience. Similarly, Uniworld’s boutique river cruises allow guests to travel from one exciting destination to the next aboard a stylish floating hotel with inviting lounges, cozy libraries, panoramic restaurants, sumptuous cuisine, exquisite antiques and original art and luxurious riverview staterooms and suites. Meticulous attention to detail is readily apparent on every company-owned ship.
What is there to do?
Set sail along three stunning rivers, the Garonne, Dordogne and Gironde, on one fascinatingly historical and invigorating journey.
Explore the country’s breathtaking backdrops, wines and cultural treasures across the region in Bordeaux, Fort Médoc, Cadillac, Blaye, Libourne and more. Wander through archaeological marvels, historic landmarks and magnificent vineyards where you’ll be treated to a sampling of quintessentially French experiences.
Embark on a scenic drive from Blaye to Bourg along the Route de la Corniche Fleurie and marvel at the sights of Blaye Fortress and Lansac Windmill along the way. Slow things down in Libourne and on your return to Bordeaux with multiple wine tastings, village tours, a farmers’ market visit and Bordeaux heritage walking tour. Join us on a showcase of the best Southwest France has to offer.
What to expect onboard:
- Open bar
- Daily Excursions
- LGBT comedy
- NYC-style piano bars
- Special themed events
- Cabaret singers
- Dance parties
- Three incredible meals each day
- All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 7 dinners
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions
- Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, specialty coffee and tea, soft drinks and mineral water
- 6 days of excursions, including “Choice Is Yours” options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided “Let's Go,” “Do as the Locals Do” and “Village Day” programs
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio-headset system on all excursions
- Use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks
- 7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the breathtaking S.S. Bon Voyage
- Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir® Beds of England, high thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- 1 country: France
- 3 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
- Cultural enrichment, including Signature Lectures
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
CLICK HERE for more info/reservations.
NOTE: Due to COVID-19 all events are subject to cancellation and/or rescheduling. We do not always get advance notice from the companies/organizations of those changes.