Gaycation Magazine places community events on our calendar as a service to our readers/users. Event inclusion in our Community Calendar does not constitute our endorsement or support of that event.
Genoa to Pisa
September 9, 2022 - September 16, 2022
Genoa to Pisa, a trip along the Italian Riviera! Outstanding Small-Group Tours for LGBTQ Travelers.
ITALY’s RIVIERA is both a historic destination and a fabulously pleasure-seeking one, where you can explore lavish palazzi and simple village churches but also enjoy good food, sample the local wines, do some gorgeous walks, and gaze at the azure sea. The dramatic coastal topography is certainly impressive but so are its charming towns along the way.
Among the Italian Riviera’s culinary delights are a great variety of seafood, fragrant lemons, olive-oil-infused focaccia bread, and most famous of all, that delicious green paste now renowned throughout the world – pesto!
- Genoa, known in Italy as La Superba (the proud one), and its eclectic wealth of churches, palaces, galleries, and twisting medieval alleys
- Portofino, a romantic and exclusive jewel of a resort set on a beautiful coastal promontory
- The villages of the Cinque Terre clinging impossibly to their cliffs with vineyards, olive groves, and steeply terraced slopes above, pebbly beaches and tiny coves below
- The Gulf of Poets, host to Lord Byron, the Shelleys, D.H. Lawrence and other notables in the 19th and early 20th centuries
- Pietrasanta, a small-town favorite of modern sculptors, from Botero to Moore to Miró, who came to work with the marble from nearby Carrara and in bronze
- The iconic tower that leans in Pisa, part of a stunning complex of monuments
- Lovely Lucca, completely enveloped by 16th-century walls and boasting a pedestrian-friendly center, abundant Pisan Romanesque architecture, and the home of Puccini
CLICK HERE for more info/reservations.
NOTE: Due to COVID-19 all events are subject to cancellation and/or rescheduling. We do not always get advance notice from the companies/organizations of those changes.