Gaycation Magazine places community events on our calendar as a service to our readers/users. Event inclusion in our Community Calendar does not constitute our endorsement or support of that event.
Nepal: Kathmandu & Everest Base Camp
October 21, 2022 - November 6, 2022
Nepal: Kathmandu & Everest Base Camp, reach Everest Base Camp on this Himalayan adventure.
Nepal is a hiker’s paradise laden with ancient kingdoms, majestic mountains, and monasteries galore. Our all-gay Nepal adventure begins with two days rickshawing the busy streets of Kathmandu, before we fly over the haunting Himalayas en route to the Everest region. Over two weeks we’ll grace the same trails where many of the mountain’s epic ascents begin, slumbering in the tea houses of the world’s highest inhabited villages. Our hike reaches its own impressive heights with a visit to Everest Base Camp (5,364m), where we can bask in the majesty of the Mother of the Universe, that epic mountain herself.
CLICK HERE for more info/reservations.
- Watch the sun glisten off Mount Everest
- Trek to Everest Base Camp, the ultimate hiking achievement
- Explore charming Sherpa Villages
- Stay in quaint mountain teahouses
- Discover remote monasteries
- Explore Kathmandu’s bustling Thamel neighborhood
- Spy on monkeys at Swoyambhunath Temple
- Marvel at the stark white architecture, and sheer size, of the Boudhanath Stupa
- Wander amidst (mostly restored) teak and brick temples in Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Take a flight over Nepal’s massive mountain peaks
NOTE: Due to COVID-19 all events are subject to cancellation and/or rescheduling. We do not always get advance notice from the companies/organizations of those changes.