Gaycation Magazine places community events on our calendar as a service to our readers/users. Event inclusion in our Community Calendar does not constitute our endorsement or support of that event.
New Zealand: Active South Island Expedition
February 13, 2022 - February 22, 2022
New Zealand: Active South Island Expedition, a group of like-minded gay men on a “sweet as” adventure through New Zealand’s rugged landscape. t should come as no surprise Sir Edmund Hillary—one of the first two men to ever surmount Everest—was a proud Kiwi.
On this all-gay South Island adventure we’ll explore Hillary’s very own backyard, hiking the same mountains, gorges and temperate rainforests the famous mountaineer did. We’ll kayak both a glacier-fed lake and a stunning sound, keeping our eyes peeled for pods of bottlenose dolphins and sunbathing fur seals. And for the real adrenaline junkies, we’ll have the opportunity to bungee jump and/or hang glide in Queenstown, aka The Adventure Capital of the World. Now what’s the Māori word for “yeehaw”?
If you’d like to extend your time in Kiwi Country, consider joining the New Zealand: North Island Cultural Adventure. The all-gay relaxed adventure directly precedes this tour and the two are intended to be booked together. Alternatively, this tour is easily paired with our Australia: Summer Down Under tour.
CLICK HERE for more info/reservations.
- Kayak through bright blue waters strewn with glaciers in the shadow of the mighty Aoraki/Mount Cook
- Journey into the immense surroundings of the Fiordland National Park on an overnight Milford Sound cruise
- Enjoy epic hikes through mountains, gorges and moss-covered temperate rainforests
- Discover vibrant Christchurch on a private walking tour
- Brave an optional bungee jumping experience in Queenstown, the city where the extreme sport was invented
- Wish upon a shooting star in the only dark sky reserve in the Southern Hemisphere
- Enjoy optional activities such as the steaming Tekapo Springs
- Harness up (tehe) for an optional waterfall climbing experience in quiet Wanaka
NOTE: Due to COVID-19 all events are subject to cancellation and/or rescheduling. We do not always get advance notice from the companies/organizations of those changes.