Gaycation Magazine places community events on our calendar as a service to our readers/users. Event inclusion in our Community Calendar does not constitute our endorsement or support of that event.
New Zealand: North Island Cultural Adventure
February 5, 2022 - February 13, 2022
New Zealand: North Island Cultural Adventure, discover the scenic North Island with a group of like-minded gay men.
Beginning in Auckland, this all-gay New Zealand tour will leisurely guide you around the North Island. Together we’ll walk in the footsteps of the Māori, appreciating their sacred groves, kauri forests and geothermal pools. Over a traditional hāngi meal, we’ll break bread with a village elder and learn the traditional haka dance. We’ll paddle a 12m/40ft Waka Taua (war canoe) and stroll suspension bridges dangling from ancient redwoods. If you’re feeling brave, optional skydiving and bungee jumping activities are available. But then, so are massage treatments and spa packages… By the end of this tour, you’ll have earned a deep appreciation for this small but vibrant country.
If you’re looking to extend your stay in the wop wop (middle of nowhere), this tour is meant to be paired with the New Zealand: Active South Island Expedition.
CLICK HERE for more info/reservations.
- Discover the Māori way of life on multiple excursions through sacred forests, rivers and villages
- Let your nerd flag fly at Hobbiton, aka the real movie set used in The Lord of the Rings
- Visit the illuminating glowworm caves of Waitomo
- Slip into the healing and therapeutic waters of Wairakei Terraces (Optional)
- Photograph one of the most beautiful natural wonders in the South Pacific, The Bay of Islands
- Enjoy the best of Kiwi hospitality over top notch dinners, including traditional hāngi—a smoky dish cooked in the ground of geothermal fields
- Paddle the Waitangi River in a Waka Taua (war canoe)
- Get a taste of modern New Zealand during a private walking tour of Auckland
- Cannonball into the largest freshwater lake in Australasia during a sailing trip
- Enjoy either an extreme optional activity such as skydiving and bungee jumping, or something more relaxed such as a spa treatment
NOTE: Due to COVID-19 all events are subject to cancellation and/or rescheduling. We do not always get advance notice from the companies/organizations of those changes.