Gaycation Magazine places community events on our calendar as a service to our readers/users. Event inclusion in our Community Calendar does not constitute our endorsement or support of that event.
The Basque Lands
July 17, 2022 - July 23, 2022
The Basque Lands, a unique look at the local culture in Spain and France. Outstanding Small-Group Tours for LGBTQ Travelers.
- San Sebastián -- the gourmet capital of Spain, situated beautifully on a pretty bay, with a preserved Belle Epoque elegance
- A day-trip to the French Basque Country towns of St-Jean-de-Luz and Biarritz
- Witness exemplary urban regeneration in Bilbao as well as its buzzing Casco Viejo -- the city's old town.
- Sample the extensive variety of delicious Pintxos – the Basque version of tapas – available at bars throughout the region.
- A day-trip to Spain’s top wine region – the world-famous La Rioja and a stroll through pretty Laguardia, an attractive walled town
- The quaint fishing center of Getaria that is also home to a museum celebrating Balenciaga, an icon of haute couture
- Gernika -- a place steeped in tragedy from the Spanish Civil War -- propelling one of Picasso's most famous paintings -- and at the vey core of "Basqueness"
CLICK HERE for more info/reservations.
NOTE: Due to COVID-19 all events are subject to cancellation and/or rescheduling. We do not always get advance notice from the companies/organizations of those changes.