Hotel Elan, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
By Roy Heale
In the heart of downtown Calgary the trendy, residential community known as the Beltline is close to the business center of the city plus the hip restaurants, clubs, and boutiques of the 17th Avenue Entertainment District. For this reason a number of boutique hotels have recently located themselves in this area providing accommodation options for business and leisure visitors to Calgary. Perhaps the newest addition is the Hotel Elan which opened in June 2013 after an extensive period of renovations converting an apartment building into luxury suites for discriminating travellers.
At the gay-friendly Hotel Elan no detail is overlooked when it comes to comfort, luxury, and space. From the custom designed bathroom fixtures to the stylish furniture that has been imported directly from Italy, each suite has been created to make your stay unlike any other hotel you’ve ever experienced in Calgary. This is the only boutique hotel in Calgary to offer combined accommodation and private in-suite meeting spaces designed specifically for business travellers but also appreciated by vacationers to the city.
Situated just one block from Calgary’s renowned Uptown 17th Avenue SW, Hotel Elan is in a vibrant part of the City that is home to over 200 boutique shops as well as numerous restaurants, lounges, and pubs. The downtown business district is just a short walk from the hotel. If you have your own vehicle, you can enjoy the benefits of their heated, secure underground parkade for a moderate nightly cost. It is also situated in the heart of the car-2-go zone—Calgary’s newest mode of transportation.
Hotel Elan has been designed to make you feel pampered and well looked after whether you’re travelling for business or pleasure.
All suites offer meeting spaces for 4-6 people
- 47″ flat screen TV in the meeting space/living room
- Complimentary High Speed Internet – Secure Wireless and Hard Wired
- Complimentary, unlimited calls anywhere in North America
- Natural light with access to a private outdoor balcony
- Google map enabled treadmill – you can go for a run on a wide variety of trails all over the world
- Elliptical trainer
- Recumbant Bike
- Weight machines
- Bosu Ball
- Stretching area with free weights
Complimentary Deluxe Continental Breakfast Buffet
- Delicious, fresh, and healthy breakfast offered weekday mornings from 7:00am to 10:00am and weekends from 8:00am to 11:00am
The spacious rooms and suites offer the perfect combination of contemporary style and thoughtful functionality. The simple elegance of this boutique hotel will ensure that you stay in comfort and style. Whether you’re travelling for business or pleasure, you’ll find everything you need.
- Complimentary Dedicated 15 MB secured wireless and hard wired internet access for the most secure highspeed connection in each room
- Multi-layered walls that provide incredible soundproofing between all rooms and halls to ensure a restful and quiet night’s sleep
- Luxurious pillow top mattresses
- Italian furnishings throughout the bedrooms
- Thermostatic temperature control water valves in all showers to ensure the perfect water temperature every time
- Heated floors and toilet seats in all bathrooms for added comfort
- Dimmable light fixtures in every room ultimate lighting control
- Windows that tilt open in every suite
- All suites have bedrooms separate from the living/meeting space
- All rooms and suites have Lavazza Luxury Italian Coffee brewed in a Cuisine Art machine
- Complimentary local and North America wide calling
- Wake up call system that guests can use to set their own alarm each day
- iPod and iPad dock
- Luxurious contemporary sofas in suites
So whatever the reason for your visit to Calgary the Hotel Elan is sure to please and satisfy every travellers needs. The ultimate luxury of the heated toilet seats is truly unique and very welcome on a cold winter Calgary day!