San Francisco has long been renowned for its temperate climate and socially progressive citizenry. From the bawdy days of the Gold Rush to the birthdays of the first gay bars during the ‘20s and ‘30s to the disco days of the late 70s, San Francisco, a peninsular island of indulgence, has played hostess and provided haven for those outside the mainstream. San Francisco has been the home and liberal stomping grounds for GLBT notables like Harvey Milk, Elsa Gidlow, Margaret Cho, Gladys Bently and Talullah Bankhead, at one point being home to the largest number of gay people per capita than any other American city.
While San Francisco's iconic Castro district is home to many of the city's gay-owned business and households, LGBT culture has become a distinct part of the San Francisco's identity as a whole and there is hardly a street in the city where a rainbow flag isn't flying. San Francisco has a homogenous tolerance for the gay community, but there are also many places that resonate particularly deeply with the gay community.
A San Francisco boutique hotel, in Union Square, Hotel Monaco awaits you to indulge your senses at this award-winning luxury hotel, a four star San Francisco hotel, where warm service and elegant decor take you a world away. This is a gay-friendly, romantic hotel with an adjacent French restaurant.
- Complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access for Kimpton InTouch members
- Pet-friendly hotel, no fees and no size restrictions
- Complimentary hosted evening wine hour & morning coffee and tea reception
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- Onsite and in-room spa services
- 24-hour Fitness Center
- Two blocks from Union Square
Escape to far-away places from the comfort of the romantic Hotel Monaco guestrooms. Centered in downtown San Francisco, this boutique Kimpton Hotel pampers you in vibrant style. Whether traveling for business or enjoying a romantic getaway, you'll appreciate the AAA Four Diamond hotel services and amenities, central location, warm hospitality and unique downtown accommodations.
- Wireless high-speed Internet access, complimentary to Kimpton InTouch guest loyalty members
- iHome Stereo System with alarm clock
- LCD flat-screen TV with cable access, including HBO, premium on-demand movies and Nintendo
- Luxurious pillow-top beds, some draped with full, romantic canopy
- Down pillows, with other styles available upon request
- Honor bar featuring gourmet and organic treats
- Comfortable desk and ergonomic task chair
- Aveda spa-inspired bath amenities
- "Forgot It? We've Got It!" essential travel items
- "Mind. Body. Spa." features in-room spa services, the Yoga channel on every TV and complimentary yoga accessories to use during your stay
- Amenities of home including iron and ironing board, hairdryer, animal-print bathrobes and make-up mirrors
- In-room safe large enough to fit a laptop
- A pet-friendly hotel, with pet-free rooms available for those with allergies
- Family friendly amenities through our KimptonKids program
- Rooms and suites offer spacious and comfortable accommodations yet romantic get-aways.
King Deluxe Room:
The King Deluxe room offers 250 square feet of Hotel Monaco style. It features a king-size bed, globally inspired décor and all the luxury amenities of our boutique Kimpton Hotel. Please note that this room type cannot accommodate a rollaway, but can accommodate a crib.
Queen Deluxe Room:
The 234-square-foot Queen Deluxe room features a queen-size bed and all the luxury amenities of our boutique Kimpton Hotel. Please note that this room type cannot accommodate a rollaway, but can accommodate a crib.
Queen Canopy Room:
Luxuriate in unique Hotel Monaco style when you book an intimate Queen Canopy room. This romantic 200-square-foot guestroom features a four-poster canopy queen-size bed and all the amenities of our boutique Kimpton Hotel. Please note that this room type cannot accommodate a rollaway, but can accommodate a crib.
Double Double Deluxe Room:
The 250-square-foot Double Double Deluxe room features two double beds and all the luxury amenities of our boutique Kimpton Hotel. Please note that this room type does not accommodate a rollaway, but can accommodate a crib. A Double Double Deluxe room can also connect with another Double Double Deluxe room for more space and ideal group and family stays.
Dine and drink in grand style at Hotel Monaco San Francisco. Timeless San Francisco drinking and dining make your stay at Hotel Monaco complete. The Grand Café Brasserie & Bar offers one of the city's top bars and arguably its most stunning dining room. Add to that the authentic and contemporary French cuisine mixed with the magic of Bay Area bounty, and you've got an experience not to be missed.
The Hotel is just a few blocks from the famous LGBT communities and ideally centered for all you want to do and see in the San Francisco Bay Area and of course the very gay Castro. From the lively streets of Chinatown, from Fisherman's Wharf to classic cable car rides, Hotel Monaco is perfectly located for a very gay get-away to San Francisco.
Email: [email protected]