Lake Weyba is a large tidal lake just five minutes inland of Noosa and Peregian Beaches on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia. "Weyba" has aboriginal origins and is said to mean "place of stingrays" or "place of flying squirrels". This lake is a fish breeding ground that feeds into the estuary at Noosa Heads. The relatively shallow waters and surrounding Noosa National Park provide a tranquil environment for non-motorised water sports.
You'll often find visitors on horseback wading through the shallows, kiteboarders, locals on kayaks, paddleboards, and small dingys dropping crab pots. The lake is home to a host of native birds and wildlife, with kangaroos regularly at waters edge. There are more than twenty-four species of waterbirds and osprey nest on the water's edge. There is very limited housing on the north, west, and south shores.
Award winning Lake Weyba Cottages is nestled on the shore of Lake Weyba, a fifteen minute drive to Noosa, and just five minutes from beautiful Peregian Beach. Within the property there are twenty acres of stunning gardens, swimming lagoons, and grazing kangaroos. There are eight luxurious one and two bedroom handcrafted Noosa cottages which feature double spas, wood fires, air conditioning, and fabulous views, all with LCD televisions, home theatre and digital reception.
You can relax on your private verandah and enjoy an intimate dinner for two served to your cottage by your own private chef.
- Luxury Accommodation staying in private cottages with Lake Weyba views, double spa, air-conditioning and wood fires
- 5 minute drive to Peregian Beach and 12 minutes to Noosa
- Each morning a choice of gourmet breakfast platters or a café voucher for 2
- Fantastic dinner menu and picnic hampers available
- Complimentary use of canoes, mountain bikes, fishing rods (including bait) and DVD library
- Best Noosa Massage therapy and facials with aromatic oils available in the privacy of your own cottage
- Luxury Noosa Honeymoon
- New Eco Tours now available
- Pet friendly accommodation available
Individually decorated and furnished by local craftsmen, each cottage features timber floors, a private verandah and soothing water views. The self-contained cottages are set each with their own gardens creating privacy and seclusion.
- 4.5 star cottages either one bedroom or two bedroom cottages
- 4 cottages with queen beds
- 1 cottage with one king
- 1 cottage with 1 queen bed and 2 singles
- Honeymoon Cottage with King sized bed plus muslin draped canopy, sunken double spa
- Pavilion with King size beds (may be split into 2 singles in each room) plus Chefs kitchen with full size refrigerator/freezer, wine fridge and dishwasher. Own laundry facilities.
There is a total of seven luxury cottages each featuring a relaxing double spa with views over the property, wood burning fires for winter and quiet air conditioning for summer. Each cottage is fitted with a wide screen television with digital reception and a DVD player with home theatre system. BBQ’s can be enjoyed on each private veranda.
- Fireplace (wood supplied)
- Plunger coffee and tea
- Double spa
- Iron and ironing board
- Hair dryer and alarm clock radio
- LCDTV, DVD player and home theatre
- Linen and towels
- Microwave and dual hotplates
- Bathroom toiletries
- Pots, frypan and utensils
- Fully screened with ceiling fans
- Toaster and kettle
- Outdoor furniture and BBQ
- Refrigerator with small freezer
- Use of sports equipment
- Glassware, crockery and cutlery
- Use of laundry facilities
- *Air conditioning
The area surrounding Lake Weyba is full of activities for locals and visitors. There are two local golf courses---Noosa Springs Golf Course on the northern shore, and Peregian Springs Golf Course just a few minutes from the southern shore. The Eumundi markets are only ten minutes drive inland, and the Sunshine Coast beaches just five minutes drive towards the coast. The surrounding bushland is a haven for wildlife and bird life is abundant. Eagles glide above while the more cheeky kookaburras perch on the deck rails awaiting a morsel of food.
This is perhaps the Sunshine Coast's best kept secret.
Email: [email protected]