Put Margaret River Gourmet Escape in Western Australia at the top of your list of foodie feasts. The event runs from dawn to dusk over 21-23 November. There's a Gourmet Village, a Farmer's Market, and several satellite and fringe events to squeeze into your food trail itinerary.
Located around 270 km (168 miles, 3 hours) from Perth on a wide peninsula that juts out into the Indian Ocean, Margaret River is a food and wine wonderland. Also a craft beer lovers nirvana. (Travel with friends to share the driving from tasting to tasting. Stay the weekend in Margaret River at Jarrah Grove Retreat and explore the seductive region.)
You'll drool when you watch this Margaret River Gourmet Escape video.
Rainbow Rambler's select events:
This year, there's an impressive collection of new events taking place in the forest, in vineyards, at the beach - even out at sea - showcasing the extraordinary produce and beauty of the region. You will have to pick your event and get a ticket before it sells out.
1. Cullen Wine Song Sundowner on 21 Nov. promises to be an extraordinary event that will see the release of the Cullen inspired “Wine Song” CD. On the legendary Cullen verandah you will enjoy the Cullen wines and canapés whilst hearing this incredible and original pairing of music and wine performed live by the artists.
2. Visit the famous Margaret River Farmers’ Market for a genuine taste of the region direct from the local farmers, growers and manufacturers. From the freshest eggs, fruit and veg, to quality meats, raw food and seafood, this market gives visitors an opportunity to buy direct and talk with the local passionate producers.
3. With a wine glass in hand, enjoy the ultimate beach pop-up restaurant under tee pees on the idyllic Castle Bay Beach. Gourmet Beach BBQ menus will be inspired by the guest chef. (The event includes an intimate Q&A with this chef.)
- Youtube: Margaret River Gourmet Escape video
- Website: www.gourmetescape.com.au
- Farmers' Market: Margaret River Farmers’ Market
- The Region: Margaret River
- Accommodation: LGBT Welcoming Margaret River Accommodation