Hobart is Tasmania’s harbour capital, located in the south-east of the state at the foot of majestic Mount Wellington. This is Australia’s smallest and most historic capital in close proximity to beautiful natural surroundings. Here you will find a provocative mix of historic and contemporary art and culture. Head down to the favourite Salamanca Place where you will find 19th-century waterfront warehouses dating back to the 1830s whaling days. Today, they house cafes, restaurants, galleries, and art studios, the ideal place to wander or enjoy alfresco dining.
Hobart’s multi-award winning Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel has built a reputation among business and leisure travellers as one of Australia’s most welcoming and relaxing inner-city hotels. Renowned for spacious rooms and friendly hospitality, the hotel is centrally located---close to the city centre and just a block from Hobart’s waterfront. It’s just a gentle stroll to Salamanca Place and its legendary market, restaurants, and harbour-side activities.
Accommodation consists of a unique choice of fully serviced apartments and hotel rooms; the decor is contemporary and the rooms immaculately maintained. A flexible mix of 242 accommodations include studio, one bedroom, two bedroom, and executive spa apartments in addition to the deluxe rooms. All rooms are individually air-conditioned, featuring high speed internet access and the apartments are fully self-contained offering both kitchen and laundry facilities.
Guests also enjoy complimentary parking and use of the on-site gymnasium, guest lounge, business centre, and guest meeting room. Reception and room service operate 24 hours and high-speed internet access is available in all accommodation rooms and most public areas for just $5 per 24 hours.
The Old Woolstore also offers a comprehensive range of business, conference and event services complimented by Hobart’s best kept dining secret, Stockmans Restaurant, and the famous Baaa Bar. Stockmans features a delicious range of hearty, affordable meals, all inspired by world-famous Tasmanian food and quality fresh produce. Located in the hotel lobby, Baaa Bar’s blend of old world and contemporary surrounds make it the ideal place to sit back and enjoy a relaxing drink at the end of a hard day’s work or play. A large range of Tasmanian wines are available by the glass, as well as Tasmania's finest premium beers.
- 24-hour reception including concierge services;
- Stockmans Restaurant and 24 hour Room Service, showcasing premium local produce;
- The Baaa Bar and in-room Mini-Baaa, featuring premium Tasmanian beverages;
- Complimentary use of Business Centre with access to computers, local faxing and printing;
- Complimentary on-site gym and use of world class pool facilities at the Hobart Aquatic Centre;
- Complimentary access to our Guest Lounge and Guest Meeting Room;
- Complimentary parking;
- Guest laundry and valet dry cleaning service;
- High speed internet access in all rooms and most public areas, charged at a flat fee of $5 per day;
- 26 complimentary television channels including movies, international language and sports options;
- In-room Guest Information compendium and locally produced Tasmania 40° South magazine;
- Access to in-room beauty and massage treatments;
- All public areas and facilities are wheelchair accessible;
- Baby change table and feeding facilities;
- A Tourism Brochure Exchange rack, tourist publications, travel guides, and local vent calendars;
- Well educated staff who can advise and book activities, restaurants, accommodation and attractions within Tasmania- many of which we can ticket for;
- Japanese Help Desk;
- Datatrax Tourism Touch-screen kiosk (providing up to date tourist information);
- Tasmanian souvenirs, gifts, toiletries, magazines and newspapers are available for purchase; and
- An on-site ATM;
Whether you are travelling for leisure or business---possibly attending a conference in Tasmania, or simply want to discover Tasmania---you will experience a warm welcome and enjoyable stay at The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel, Hobart.