Paihia is a great place to explore all of the Bay of Islands. Here you can swim with the dolphins, or go kayaking, swimming, fishing, and picnic along secluded beaches. Plus you can walk or drive to the spectacular Haruru Falls, learn about early New Zealand history where the Treaty of Waitangi was first signed, and discover authentic Maori culture.
Take the ferry to 'Romantic Russell', visit the bustling but relaxed town of Kerikeri, check out the world famous Hundertwasser toilets in Kawakawa, and the historic Pioneer Village in nearby Kaikohe. Or just chill out and take a cruise through the famous 'Hole in the Rock'. Also, bus tours can take you to see 2,000 year old Tane Mahuta---a majestic lord of the Waipoua Kauri Forest. Or you can go further north to Cape Reinga---the departing place of the spirits in Maori legend.
Guests at the Scenic Hotel Bay of Islands can enjoy a resort-style atmosphere and relax in sub-tropical gardens or the hotel's swimming pool. A short, leisurely stroll takes guests to the small town of Paihia for visitor attractions such as the wharf, restaurants, and shops. Whether you are here for business or pleasure, the relaxed atmosphere of Scenic Hotel Bay of Islands will melt away your stresses in moments. The entire property has been extensively refurbished and expanded, and the attention to detail will impress you.
The Hotel Facilities include:
- A choice of accommodation styles including standard, superior, and deluxe rooms.
- Beautifully presented guest rooms, with earthy tones, splashes of colour, and quality room amenities.
- Swimming pool, ample parking, wireless Internet.
- Quality, relaxed dining, and socialising in the licensed restaurant and lounge bar.
- Easy walking access to Paihia’s main wharf, shops and local attractions.
- The lush sub-tropical gardens, with water features, and feature lighting, are attractive and relaxing by day and night.
- 24-hour reception
- Room service
- Guest laundry
- Valet laundry & dry-cleaning service (available four days a week)
- Swimming pool
- Internet kiosk
- Wireless Internet service
- Business services
- Complimentary guest parking
- The hotel has 114 standard, superior and air-conditioned deluxe rooms. Three of the superior rooms feature kitchenettes equipped with two hobs, microwave oven, toaster and cooking utensils. All rooms are non-smoking and there are rooms available to cater for families and special access needs.
- All rooms include:
- Sky TV (standard & deluxe feature flat screen LCDs with an entertainment system)
- Desk space
- High-speed Internet access
- Clock radio
- Hot drink making facilities
- Ironing facilities
With the waters of the Bay of Islands rich with fish life, fresh locally caught seafood is a popular feature on local menus. So too are other regional specialties such as a terrine made from locally raised pork and a selection of Northland cheeses. For something very Kiwi, look out for the Rewana bread (a type of Maori bread) and the country’s national desert, the pavlova.
Any time of year is ideal for escaping to the Bay of Islands in the ‘winterless north’ of New Zealand, and this property is the perfect resort-style retreat.
Email: [email protected]