The Tamborine Rainforest Skywalk is adjacent to the Songbirds Rainforst Retreat, and together they provide pathways to ancient rainforest encounters and modern cuisine accompanied serenaded by bird song. This rare combination makes a short trip from Surfers Paradise to the Mount Tamborine Hinterland a day – or weekend – to remember forever.
Come for lunch, stay the night. Go for a private celebration or group fun. Songbirds Rainforest Retreat – with a fine dining restaurant and rustic villas just steps away – is a hidden gem in the Gold Coast Hinterland that is fast becoming known to international foodie fans and to those seeking a unique rainforest escape.
A typical lunch menu from the “Best Restaurant for Tourism” starts with freshly baked bread with seaweed butter and toasted Sichuan pepper and ends with a dazzling dessert like Bergamot Lemon Curd and Passionfruit Tart with pine nut praline ice cream. Th main courses are perfectly paired with local Queensland and regional Australian wines.
Songbirds has luxurious views inside and out. There ar six villas scattered over the pristine property situated in idyllic surrounds. Besides gorgeous views, the villas have every amenity you could desire. Breathing clean mountain air and awaking to the sound of birds is heavenly as well.
If you go to Songbirds for lunch, you should take in the adjacent Skywalkk attraction first. Or if you overnight, you may want to do the canopy walk after breakfast.
Tamborine Rainforest Skywalk is a new eco-adventure exploring the beautiful rainforest canopies and habitat in a different and thrilling way.
Visitors depart from the Rainforest Eco Gallery and begin the adventure on a spectacular elevated walkway through the beautiful middle and upper canopies of the rainforest. It descends gradually to the lower canopy and follows points of interest including rockpools, a butterfly lookout, local history information and sheltered rest areas along the way until reaching the amazing Cantilever. This is a 40 metre long span soaring 30 metres above the valley, with spectacular views over the creek and the rainforest canopies below.
If You Go
- Tamborine Mountain is situated on a level plateau with an elevation of 550m above sea-level, with stunning views to the coast and across several mountainous national parks.
- Beautiful Tamborine Mountain has a relaxed but vibrant lifestyle. And there’s a busy hum within this cool and relaxing escape from city life. Arts and Crafts shops and local markets sit side by side with boutique accommodation, up-market restaurants and award-winning wineries, microbreweries and distilleries.
- There’s a range of diverse attractions for visitors to enjoy , whether on a day trip or a week -long chill out. For the energetic there’s hang-gliding, golf, horse riding, natural swimming holes, and an interesting variety of walking tracks to explore.
- Hinterland Gay Accommodations – Bush House B&B, Tambaridge B&B
- Songbirds Rainforest Retreat Villas
- Things to do – Mt. Tamborine National Park and Rainforest Skywalk Day Tour