Today Melbourne is the second-largest city in Australia and the capital of the state of Victoria. Melbourne is built on a coastal plain at the top of the giant horseshoe shaped Port Phillip Bay, which also serves as the mouth of the mighty Yarra River. Located on the southern coast of Australia’s eastern seaboard, Melbourne is perhaps Australia’s most cultured and politically conservative city. Melbourne features include Victorian-era architecture, bounteous cultural institutions, museums, art galleries, theatres, and spaciously landscaped parks and gardens.
Melbourne has a lively passion for social eating and drinking, which is reflected in the thousands of restaurants serving up gastronomic experiences from around the world. Everywhere you look you will uncover a vast array of fashionable cafes, where you can enjoy Melbourne’s existential coffee culture to the fullest.The city is a style-setter with some of the best shopping and nightlife in Australia. Whether you are searching for haute couture or vintage clothing, sparkling chardonnay, über-chic bars, clubs or jazz venues, Melbourne has it all.
When you venture outside Melbourne, diverse regional areas and attractions proffer dramatic coastal vistas, ski slopes, outback wilderness, vineyards, rugged mountain peaks and enthralling wildlife. Attracting visitors from all four corners of the globe. All attractions are easily accessible, ensuring your Melbourne experience is even more rich and rewarding.
A new concept in boutique hotels located in Prahran, Melbourne and inspired by Adam Cullen the daring and unique Cullen features lashings of original artwork and prints by Australia’s most exciting contemporary artist, Adam Cullen. Sleep soundly in one of their Art Series Signature beds, then block out the morning or wake up to natural light and vibrant energy of Cullen works. Prepare breakfast using in room kitchenette facilities, enjoy spectacular views of Melbourne Central Business District, or make use of the underground parking, state of the art gymnasium and two exciting restaurants.
The Cullen features eight different rooms styles in order to suit the needs of any guests:
- Studio Suite
- Deluxe Studio Suite
- Deluxe Studio Suite Balcony
- Deluxe Studio Suite Twin
- Cullen Suite
- Lady Luck Penthouse
- Growler Penthouse
- Street Art Rooms
- Multiple large prints by Adam Cullen
- iPod docking stations
- DVD player rental
- 42” HD LCD TV
- Broadband & wireless access
- Foxtel & Dedicated art channel
- Kitchenette with modern appliances
- Mini Bar stocked with Prahran Market treats
- Direct incoming telephone lines
Hotel Facilities and Amenities:
- Check in anytime from 2.00pm with a comfortable check out at 11.00am
- Sculptures and walls adorned with art by Contemporary Artist Adam Cullen
- Easily accessible by public transport with trams on doorstep
- Full kitchenettes in every room
- Smart Car hire
- Classic Kronan bicycle hire
- Electric Scooter hire
- Disabled facilities and wheel chair accessible rooms
- WiFi internet access
- Non-smoking hotel
- Secure luggage storage area
- Meeting and events facilities
- iPod rental with extensive play lists
- Enjoy 24 hour reception, concierge and room service
- Local tours
- Family friendly
- Airport transfers
- Limousine service
- Babysitting services
- Restaurant recommendations and bookings
- In House art curator
- Guest laundry and same day laundry
- Valet service
- Hu Tong Dumpling Bar open for lunch and dinner 7 days
- Terrace Bistro & Bar open for breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days
- Ornate Hair Salon
- State-of-the-art gymnasium with views over Prahran and South Yarra
- High fashion shopping strip Chapel Street within a minutes walk
- Restaurants, cafes and bars of South Yarra, Prahran and Windsor
- Prahran Fresh Market directly opposite
Art Series Hotel Group is dedicated to ensuring your Melbourne experience is complete with dining options to tempt your tastebuds. Experience two of Prahran’s hottest new dining spaces on the ground floor of The Cullen.
The 140-seat Hutong restaurant has the charm of an antique Chinese garden with a contemporary twist. Beautifully-carved antique wood screens, billowing Chinese silk curtains and red lanterns set a dramatic backdrop for the glass-fronted kitchen display as a cast of dumpling makers create favourites such as Xutong Xiao-long-bao and Hutong Peking Roast Duck. Plus The Gramercy is a New York inspired restaurant.
The Cullen Hotel offers guests a blend of exclusive five-star hospitality and first class facilities that ensure your stay is a truly unique and memorable experience. Enjoy Melbourne’s cultural icons, all of which are just a few moments from your doorstep.