The Whistler area of British Columbia, Canada, is not only a place of scenic wonder, but also a region that is rich with a fascinating history and cultural background. Before becoming a ski area and winning accolades as a world-class resort, and before welcoming the world for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games, this was still a place that drew visitors from far and wide.
Feel the excitement and live the adventure. No matter what your passion for winter pleasure includes, Whistler’s lesbian and gay friendly environment promises something to suit every fancy. Explore adrenalin-inducing skiing and riding, backcountry adventures and heli-tours across 8,100 acres of astounding terrain. Or discover something new—try your hand at mushing a team of sled dogs, Zip Trek in the falling snow, or snowshoe by moonlight. Above and beyond the annual extensive February Gay Ski Week schedule of events, at any time you’ll be tempting your taste buds with gourmet dining and then relaxing slopeside in the outdoor whirlpools.
Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort hotel defines mountain luxury. With true ski-in and ski-out convenience and on-site golf course, the classic elegance of this landmark Whistler hotel offers a modern alpine setting for unsurpassed guest service, exceptional dining, full resort amenities, a Vida Spa and Fairmont Gold—Fairmont’s exclusive lifestyle hotel experience. Proudly welcoming the LGBT Community, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler is a TAG approved hotel and a member of IGTLA and TGC.
The luxurious 550-room Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort offers tastefully designed rooms with spectacular mountain or village views all created to blend with the natural alpine setting.
- Air conditioning with individual control
- High Speed Internet Access (charges apply; complimentary for Fairmont President’s Club members)
- Alarm clock
- Coffee/tea maker with in-room coffee and tea
- Color television with video check-out and ‘On-Command’ system which enables guests to: ◦watch newly released blockbuster movies (between $8.99 – $22.99 CAD plus tax per movie)
- ◦play Sony Playstation video games ($6.99 CAD plus tax per game)
- Deluxe toiletries
- Down filled duvets
- Thick cotton bathrobes
- In-room safe
- Iron and ironing board
- Telephone with voice-mail
- Windows that open for fresh mountain air
Room options include the Fairmont Room, Deluxe Room, Slopeside View Deluxe Room, Fairmont Gold Room, Fairmont Gold Junior Suite, Fairmont Gold One Bedroom Suite, Fairmont Gold Premier Suite, Fairmont Gold Executive Suite, and Fairmont Gold Penthouse Suite with a selection of views and luxurious amenities.
The Fairmont Chateau Whistler presents a unique collection of dining options that capture the essence of Whistler’s lifestyle. Exceptional fine dining balanced with casual, gourmet picnics to go and a variety of flavourful choices.
- The Wildflower Restaurant – Open for breakfast and dinner
- The Grill Room [New! Open 7 days a week beginning December 15, 2011] – Fine dining nightly
- Afternoon Tea [Resuming in Spring 2012] – Served in The Mallard Lounge
- Portobello Market & Fresh Bakery – Open daily for breakfast and lunch
- The Mallard Lounge & Terrace, Private Spirit Room – Open daily for lunch, après ski and light evening meals
Step through the doors of The Fairmont Chateau Whistler, the ultimate Whistler ski resort in BC, and allow yourself to be whisked away by supreme luxury, sublime cuisine, designer golf courses, a rejuvenating spa, and an unforgettable ski resort experience.
The breathtaking mountains aren’t the only thing you will be impressed by. Exceptional service that caters to your every need will ensure that your stay is a memorable one. A taste of what awaits you at The Fairmont Chateau Whistler ski hotel and resort includes:
- A friendly concierge team to assist you with exploring the myriad of Whistler’s activities, sights and restaurants in British Columbia.
- A talented culinary team boasting the finest of the Pacific Northwest cuisine to be enjoyed in The Wildflower, The Grill Room, Portobello Market and Fresh Bakery, The Mallard Lounge & Terrace, The Chalet or In-Room Dining.
- A fully equipped health club featuring fitness center, Eucalyptus steam rooms, sauna, hot tubs, tennis courts and a heated lap pool with underwater music.
- Exceptional business services necessary for all business travelers including high speed internet access.
- The Fairmont Chateau Whistler Golf Course the award-winning 18 hole, par 72 golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones, Jr.
- The David Leadbetter Golf Academy offering premiere instruction on The Fairmont Chateau Whistler Golf Club’s Practice & Learning Centre.
- Home of Vida Spa, a unique spa experience with a holistic approach to health and healing.
- Ski in/Ski out facilities.
In both winter and summer Whistler is an exciting outdoor adventure destination and The Fairmont Chateau is at the heart of all the action and provides a warm, gay welcome to LGBT visitors.
Email: [email protected]