The Yorkville area of downtown Toronto was its own village in the 19th century, but was amalgamated into the city as the metropolis expanded northward. It remained a low-rent and low-rise area until discovered by folksingers and hippies in the 1960s. Property developers soon turned the area into an extension of the high-end Bloor Street West shopping district, thereby forcing out the unruly bohemians. Yorkville played a significant role in the evolution of gay and lesbian culture of the time.
The Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville hotel is located in the heart of downtown's fashionable Yorkville District. Heighten your senses and prepare to be purely elevated with the exciting guest room renovation featuring 42-inch LCD TVs, large work spaces, ergonomic chairs, and more. Whether on a leisurely weekend getaway, traveling for business or planning a meeting, this Toronto hotel's Yorkville location offers guests a unique retreat just steps from the Yonge & Bloor subway lines, world-class shopping, the Gay Village, dining and entertainment. This upscale Bloor Toronto hotel welcomes guests with award-winning service, Marriott's luxurious Revive Bedding Collection, and convenient amenities. Centrally located, this Yorkville Toronto hotel's neighborhood is home to some of the city's most sought-after attractions, including Royal Ontario Museum, Air Canada Centre, Bloor Yorkville shopping district, Eaton Centre, CN Tower, Art Gallery of Ontario, theatres, Science Centre and Rogers Centre.
Enjoy Yorkville's shopping, dining and entertainment quarter from the Marriott's downtown Toronto business hotel's prime location. Luxurious accommodations offer direct underground access to the Yonge and Bloor Toronto subway systems.
- Luxurious Toronto boutique accommodations including 222 hotel rooms and 36 spacious Toronto suites.
- Experience Marriott's 'Revive' bed, 42" LCD TV's and Plug and Play technology.
- Concierge level Toronto accommodations offering lounge access with renowned cuisine and amenities.
- Exquisite French door or Bi-level Suites offer spacious living areas and spa-inspired bathrooms.
- Marriott's Plug-in panel allows you to enjoy split-screen viewing from your Toronto hotel room.
- Boutique hotel in Toronto, Ontario offering high-speed Internet access, desks and ergonomic chairs.
- This hotel has a smoke-free policy
General Room Amenities:
- Air conditioning
- Alarm clock
- Bottled water, for a fee
- Coffee maker/tea service
- Individual climate control
- Iron and ironing board
- Luxurious bedding - down comforters, custom duvets, cotton-rich linens
- Mini fridge in some rooms
- Pillows: down/feather
- Pillows: foam
- Rollaway bed
- Bathroom Amenities
- Hair dryer
- Cable channel: CNN
- Cable channel: ESPN
- Cable/satellite TV
- Color TV
- Movies/videos, pay-per-view
- Plug In Panel
- Video games and players for rent
- Business Amenities
- Electrical outlet: desk level
- Phone feature: voice mail
- Two-line phone
The on-site fitness center and the Matisse Restaurant and Bar complete the perfect stay in this luxury Yorkville Hotel. Located within walking distance of the Wellesley-Church gay village, The Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville hotel is perfect for a gay getaway in Toronto, Canada.