Gaycation Magazine places community events on our calendar as a service to our readers/users. Event inclusion in our Community Calendar does not constitute our endorsement or support of that event.
Chile, Atacama and Easter Island
March 31, 2022 - April 10, 2022
Chile, Atacama and Easter Island, an extraordinary journey to Santiago, Atacama & Easter Island.
Embark on an extraordinary adventure that takes you from Cosmopolitan Santiago to the very brinks of civilization with a visit to the high Atacama Desert and then to Easter Island, where the gigantic stone effigies glare over the Pacific. Santiago is energetic and worldly, filled with chic restaurants, iconic museums, and eccentricity to spare. Nestled between the deep-blue curve of the Pacific Coast and the snow-dusted Andes, the Atacama Desert is one of the driest places on Earth. It’s like exploring another planet filled with towering volcanoes, flamingo-frequented lagoons, salt flats, geysers, and shifting sand dunes. It’s also one of the world’s best places for stargazing. Rapa Nui, known as Easter Island, is one of the most enigmatic, intriguing, and isolated locations on earth. Set in the middle of the Pacific, midway between Chile and Tahiti, the island’s allure revolves around the mysterious giant stone Moai statues.
CLICK HERE for more info/reservations.
- Stay at Explora’s all-inclusive luxury lodges in Atacama and Easter Island
- Enjoy a gourmet wine lunch at a vineyard outside of Santiago
- Discover Santiago’s bustling squares and bohemian Barrios
- Stargaze at an observatory under a new moon in Atacama
- Explore the otherworldly landscape of the Atacama
- Hike through the stunning dunes of Valle de Muerte
- Come face-to-face with Easter Island’s massive Moai monoliths.
- Become immersed in the sounds of Polynesian music as grass-skirted dancers perform beneath the star
- Choose from over 30 included activities at Explora lodges at all levels of fitness
- Snorkel or scuba the crystal-clear waters of Rapa Nui
NOTE: Due to COVID-19 all events are subject to cancellation and/or rescheduling. We do not always get advance notice from the companies/organizations of those changes.