Gaycation Magazine places community events on our calendar as a service to our readers/users. Event inclusion in our Community Calendar does not constitute our endorsement or support of that event.
Japan: Kyoto to Tokyo
November 5, 2022 - November 14, 2022
Japan: Kyoto to Tokyo, celebrating ancient tradition, modern civilization, and a cultural obsession with cuteness.
Japan is a universe unto itself—a tiny country that combines ancient history with unprecedented innovation. Our tour begins in Osaka then takes us to Kyoto (which is now technically part of Osaka, to give you a sense of the island’s density). After bowing to the friendly deer in Nara Park, we continue to Tokyo—the biggest megacity of them all. So grab your Hello Kitty backpack, choose your Pikachu, and loosen those stretchy pants…between the street food, cooking class, public markets and gourmet restaurants we’ll eat so much Japanese food it will be anything but kawaii.
- Ride the Shinkansen bullet train
- Admire Mt Fuji from a Pirate Boat on Lake Ashi
- Wander Osaka’s Dotonburi District and devour delectable street food
- Meet the friendly deer of Nara Park that bow politely for treats
- Wander through a surreal grove of towering bamboo
- Dress like traditional samurai warriors and learn to use a real sword
- Wander through an open-air museum where world-famous sculptures are only confined by the nature around them
- Experience the gay Japan scene in Tokyo, with the most bars per capita on Earth
- Wander through colorful Harajuku where you could pick up something cute at one of their adorable critter cafés
CLICK HERE for more info/reservations.
NOTE: Due to COVID-19 all events are subject to cancellation and/or rescheduling. We do not always get advance notice from the companies/organizations of those changes.