Gaycation Magazine places community events on our calendar as a service to our readers/users. Event inclusion in our Community Calendar does not constitute our endorsement or support of that event.
Montenegro & Albania: Balkans Adventure
July 31, 2022 - August 8, 2022
Montenegro & Albania: Balkans Adventure, an invigorating gay hike through Central Europe’s relatively undiscovered national parks.
Find out why the up-and-coming Balkans are making waves among the travel cognoscenti on this big gay sweaty scamper. Things kick off in UNESCO-listed Kotor Bay where we’ll tour Medieval monasteries and photograph fortified island cities. Then we’ll swerve inland to enjoy the relatively untouched mountain forests of both Montenegro and Albania—one of the last reserves for brown bears and wolves on continental Europe. It’s here we’ll spend the bulk of the tour losing our breath during scenic hikes, private boat tours and one particularly exhilarating white water rafting experience.
CLICK HERE for more info/reservations.
- Trek some of Europe’s most undiscovered National Parks and protected forests
- Rip n ride your way through one of Europe’s deepest canyons on a white water rafting experience
- Drive around Kotor Bay, stopping in quaint villages to discover Montenegrin culture
- Wander the medieval streets of Herceg Novi, one of the Adriatic’s most photogenic cities
- Savour the unforgettable view of Valboa Valley during an Albania picnic lunch
- Dive into Skadar Lake’s glistening waters during a private boat tour
- Relax aboard a scenic ferry ride through the towering Koman channel
- Indulge in an afternoon of optional spa treatments at our resort in Mojkovac
- Learn about both Montenegro and Albania’s unique histories on private city tours
NOTE: Due to COVID-19 all events are subject to cancellation and/or rescheduling. We do not always get advance notice from the companies/organizations of those changes.