On Auckland's renowned Queen Street, Scenic Hotel Auckland --- a Rainbow Tourism accredited hotel --- is situated in the heart of the central gay neighbourhood. The hotel owners have transformed the landmark art deco MLC building into elegant and spacious apartment style accommodations. As a guest, you will enjoy having some of Auckland’s top entertainment, shopping and eating places virtually on your doorstep. Scenic Hotel Auckland welcomes guests to enjoy stylish inner-city accommodation that offers space and convenience. A lavish renovation of this heritage building blends its fabulous art deco architecture with a contemporary feel and modern comforts.
As a guest, this high-rise hotel offers you:
- Spacious, apartment style rooms, many with full self-catering kitchens
- Excellent city views from many rooms
- Penthouse and upper level apartments with own balconies and secure access
- Enjoyable street-side restaurant and bar, offering quality dining day and night
- Convenient central location – the ideal base for business or pleasure
- MLC Café & Bar at street level, with alfresco dining, open early to late
- Boardroom, ideal for small business meetings
- Express checkout
- 24 hour reception
- Room service
- Valet laundry & dry-cleaning service (available six days)
- Guest laundry
- Wireless Internet access
- Internet kiosk
- Valet car parking (a charge may apply)
- Fitness room
- Tourist information & booking service
It’s easy to plan city excursions from the central location, with many of the city’s local attractions within a comfortable walking distance, and public transport readily accessible. Directly across the road you will find the city’s ‘The EDGE’ entertainment precinct, home to the Auckland Town Hall, Aotea Square and Centre, an IMAX theatre, and the iconic Civic Theatre.
Scenic Hotel Auckland has a total of 100 apartment-style rooms including standard and superior rooms, executive suites, and a spacious penthouse. Standard and superior rooms feature air-conditioning. The suites and penthouse have security access on a top floor location (accessible by stairs only), and all are two levels with their own private balconies.
Smoking and special access rooms are available.
All rooms include:
- Kitchenette with microwave oven, many with full kitchen facilities
- Hot-drink making facilities
- Sky TV
- Clock radio
- High speed Internet access
- Desk space
- Ironing facilities
Situated on street level, the MLC Cafe & Bar is the perfect spot to sit and watch the hustle of the city. Located directly across the road from the Auckland Town Hall and other entertainment venues, this makes the cafe ideal for pre-show dining or drinks.
The hotel is located right in the heart of the vibrant cultural precinct and within easy walking distance of many of Auckland’s famous attractions and handy to transport to many more.