Located at the north-east corner of New Zealand's South Island, Marlborough is endowed with a breath-taking beauty. Marlborough's mist-hazed hills and crystal clear waterways change dramatically with the ceaseless procession of the seasons. The community's appeal stretches from the scenic Marlborough Sounds to the rugged splendour of Kaikoura. Townships in the region include Blenheim, Picton, and Seddon. Marlborough can lay claim to starting the modern New Zealand wine industry. Here in the late 1970s, vineyards produced Sauvignon Blanc, among other varieties, which led to confidence that New Zealand could produce interesting wine. Today, the Marlborough wine region represents 62% of total vineyard area in the country. The king variety here is Sauvignon Blanc, closely followed by Pinot Noir and Chardonnay.
The region has a wide range of recreational activities from swimming with dolphins in the Marlborough Sounds to watching whales in Kaikoura; from walks through the bush and along the rugged coastline to relaxing at Marlborough's world-class wineries. Renowned for its wine tasting and delicious food, touring, scenic boat cruising, bush walking, and relaxing outdoor activities, this is a fast-growing vacation destination.
Scenic Hotel Marlborough is a contemporary and stylish property located in the heart of sunny Marlborough. The result of a multi-million dollar upgrade of the former Heartland Hotel, Scenic Hotel Marlborough offers guests the ultimate in modern comfort and service. The hotel is just minutes' walk from the centre of Blenheim, and puts some of New Zealand's finest food and wine virtually on your doorstep.
For your convenience the Scenic Hotel Marlborough offers:
- Seymours Restaurant and Bar serving breakfast and dinner
- 24-hour reception
- Room service
- Outdoor heated pool (October - April)
- Valet laundry and dry-cleaning service (available five days)
- Guest laundry
- Internet kiosk
- Wireless Internet service available
- Conference facilities
- Complimentary guest parking
- Tourist information and booking service
- The hotel has fifty-four superior and interconnecting air-conditioned guest rooms. All rooms are non-smoking and there are rooms available to cater for families and special access needs.
All rooms include:
- Sky TV and Freeview
- High-speed internet access
- Desk space
- Media hub
- Clock radio with ipod dock
- Tea and coffee facilities
- Ironing facilities
- In-room safe
With around 65 wineries, 290 grape growers and over 4000 hectares planted in grapes, sampling wine is an obvious attraction in the Marlborough region.
But that is just one of an extraordinary array of activities and attractions including:
- Cruising the waterways of the Marlborough Sounds
- Sampling the wares of local food producers
- Exploring the thriving arts & crafts scene
- Walking & trekking
- Eco tours & adventures including whale watching & swimming with the dolphins
- Sea kayaking, canoeing & rafting
- Golf & tennis
- Cycling & mountain biking
- Skiing in Winter, when conditions permit
- Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre
- Marlborough Museum
- Millennium Art Gallery
- Blenheim Local Attractions
Marlborough's diversity is what gives the region its unique identity. Kaikoura's majestic, snow-capped peaks that tower above the township is one of New Zealand's scenic wonders; the Marlborough Sound's bush covered hills and tranquil bays and coves await discovery; and the Wairau Plain and Awatere Valley are a wine lover's paradise.
Email: [email protected]